Product: Natural Cheeses
Cheese is one of my favorite foods. I always tell people I could live on cheese and some good bread. But alas that would be horrible on my waist line so I will stick to eating it whenever I can.
I got the chance to try out some cheeses from the Rumiano Cheese Company. They are in California’s and are California’s oldest family owned cheese company. All of their dairies are located in the Pacific Coast region of Northern California. There is a direct correlation between these year-round grazing cows and their nutritious milk, rich in both omega-3 fatty acids and beta-carotene, that then translates to the high-quality, award-winning Rumiano cheese.
When I went looking for their cheese I found some in my local Safeway. I found a lot of different kinds and ended up picking Colby, Smoked Mozzarella, and the Pepper Jack.
They use organic-approved microbial coagulant instead of animal rennet, making the cheeses lacto-vegetarian safe. Natural sea salt is used for flavor. All of the milk used in Rumiano cheese comes from cows that are free of antibiotics, free of artificial hormones, and free of pesticides and herbicides.
One of my favorite recipes with cheese is a good old grilled cheese. I thought I would try this out first instead of something fancy. Check out my recipe below!
- 1/2 pound Organic Pepper Jack, sliced
- 6 thick slices of bacon
- 4 slices of your favorite bread (I used sourdough)
- Thick slice of butter for each sandwich
- Start cooking bacon in separate pan, cook until crispy
- Let the butter melt in another pan
- Coat both sides of the outside of your bread with the melted butter
- Place cheese slices on one side of bread
- Grill the sandwiches until the bread is golden brown and cheese is melted
- Add the cooked bacon to the sandwiches and enjoy!