Did you know that dryer sheets can be used for more than just to make clothes smell fresh? If you did then you are way ahead of me! I just started learning about new ways to use them a few months ago. I’ve put together a list of my favorites below.
1. Freshen your home – Put a dryer sheet in your HVAC vents to scent the air circulating through your home. Also place one inside your vacuum bag to help release the fresh smell as the hot air circulates.
2. Shoes – Use them in your shoes when you aren’t wearing them to keep away odors.
3. Remove static – Remove static from clothes, stockings, and hair. Lightly wipe a dryer sheet over any of these and it will get rid of any static that you may have.
4. Soap Scum – Lightly wet a dryer sheet and scrub to remove soap build-up and mineral deposits. great to do right after a shower.
5. Dusting – A dryer sheet is great for dusting, it will pick up the dirt and stick to the sheet! A great way to clean windows and blinds too. Keep a container of some sheets in your car for wiping down the dash and helping prevent dust from sticking.
6. Keep your clothes fresh – Place a sheet in your drawers to keep that fresh washed smell.
7. De-stink your pets – Wipe down dogs or cats with a dryer sheet before they come back into the house to get rid of any outside smells.
8. Washing machine & dryer – When you finish drying a load, keep the dryer sheet and wipe down the inside of your dryer, your lint trap, & the outside.
9. Clean your iron: On low, iron over a dryer sheet until any residue on the iron disappears.
10. Baseboards – Use sheets to clean your baseboards. They help remove hair and dust repeal any in the future.
11. Shoes – Use them in your shoes when you aren’t wearing them to keep away odors.
12. Traveling – Place dryer sheets in between clothes in your suitcase to keep them fresh and to prevent them from picking up any mustiness.
13. Diapers Bags – Keep some in your diaper bag and roll one up around a dirty diaper to keep it from smelling until you can throw it away.
14. Books – Place a dryer sheet in new books or photo albums to keep them smelling fresh, and can combat the musty smell of old books.
15. In toilet paper – Place a dryer sheet in your toilet paper roll. When it spins, it releases a little freshness into your bathroom.
16. In your pillow – Keep a dryer sheet in your pillow case or under your mattress to keep your bed always smelling freshly washed.
17. Sewing – Run your needle through a dryer sheet to help keep the thread from tangling.
18. Repel rodents – Most rodents do not like the smell of dryer sheets. Use dryer sheets to keep out mice, skunks, squirrels, rats, etc from your basement, garages, boats, campers, and clubhouses.
19. Clean Paint Brushes – Place your paint brushes in warm water with a dryer sheet and the paint will come right off.
20. Swiffer Mop Sheet – Use them on your Swiffer mop. They will pick up dirt, dust, and hair off the floor just as effectively as the sweeper mops do.
21. Clean Chrome – Use to dryer sheet to polish over chrome faucets to make them sparkling.
22. Clean eyeglasses – If your lenses are glass you can clean the lenses with a dryer sheet to remove particles and smudges. (make sure they are made of glass or you can damage them) they will also help repel dust so they stay clean longer than if you simply wipe them off with a paper towel or other cloth.
23. Craft Flowers – You can make a variety of types of paper flowers with used dryer sheets.
24. Scissor Cleaner – Clean the blades of your scissors with a dryer sheet to sharpen them up.
25. Cleaning Pans – Fill pots and pans with warm water and a sheet into the water. Leave the pots to soak for a few hours or overnight. The food will come right off
26. Removing Deodorant marks – Remove white marks from clothing by rubbing a dryer sheet over them.
27. Preventing Trash Odors– Place a dryer sheet into the bottom of the trash can to get rid of any stinky odors.
28. Crayon Remover – For those of you that have kids, some say old dryer sheets can be an effective way to get crayon marks off of wood furniture. if you try this, just be sure to be careful not to rub too hard because you don’t want to damage the wood. Use a dryer sheet to clean crayon marks off your wood furniture.
29. Pick up hair – Dryer sheets work great to pick up loose hair. Use after giving yourself or someone else a hair cut or to clean dog hair off furniture.
30. Bug spatters – Wet your windshield down, and use a dryer sheet to scrub away any bugs easily.
Do you have any other tips for ways to use dryer sheets?
Enter my giveaway below to enter to win a coupon for box for the new Purex Crystals dryer sheets!